Secret #2 | Systems outside of production and product delivery
Most businesses systemise the production, admin and delivery aspects of their business, however never address other business systems outside of their core product delivery.
Aspects to consider systemising - important in creating an overall reliable business, are as follows:
- Marketing (independent from selling) across multiple communication mediums
- Sales Process (to mine existing customer relationships and convert new ones into sales)
- A functional team to deliver the strategy (functional teams understand the strategy and can connect their daily actions toward the overall company direction)
- Operational systems (flowcharts and lists, organised file structures) with workflow, measures against them and regular reporting on margin, recovery rates, productive uptime… conversion rates)
- Finance, including frequent reporting